Microsoft PowerPoint with Latest Version -: PowerPoint is a best presentation program of computer Microsoft Office and each page of presentation is called slide. It is used for creating a presentation using template, Creating Animation, opening existing presentation slide, Run a Slide show during presentation, creating table, insert clip art, Pictures etc in the presentation.
The application software that can create professional looking visual aids is called presentation graphics software. The presentation software is used for creation of the slides and to display the information in the form of presentation of slides. A presentation software provides tools like editor that allows insertion and formatting of text and methods for inserting and manipulating graphics images alongwith sound and visual effect.
Basics of PowerPoint:
MS-PowerPoint is most common example of presentation program which is developed by Microsoft. It is a part of the MS-office suite and is a GUI based software. MS- PowerPoint includes tools for word processing, outlining, drawing, graphics etc.
- A PowerPoint (PPT) presentation consists of a collection of slides.
- A Presentation generally has a title slides, a outline slide and summary slide etc.
- The information can be in the form of text as bulleted points, images or animation.
- The presenter can control the movement across the slides or the presentation.
Starting of PowerPoint
To start the MS- PowerPoint software we need.
Click start button —- All program —- Microsoft office —- Microsoft office PowerPoint 2007.
There are few terms of MS PowerPoint that we will mention and discuss here:
- Presentation: The presentation is a collection of several slides that contain information in the form of text, Audio and video etc on a topic. PowerPoint presentation are commonly used in business meetings and for training and educational purposes.
- Slides: Each page of presentation is called slide in which we can type text by using Placeholders, insert pictures, charts or other graphics, animate object, add movie and sound and play this, during presentation Run time.
- Slide Layouts: Slide layouts contain formatting, positioning, and placeholders boxes for all of the content that appears on a slide. Placeholders are the dotted-line containers on slide layouts that hold such content as titles, body text, tables, charts, SmartArt graphics, pictures, clip art, videos, and sounds. Slide layouts also contain the colors, fonts, effects, and the background ( collectively known as the theme) of a slide.
- Slide Pane: This area of PowerPoint window all the slides that are added in the presentation.
- Slide view tab: You can view your PowerPoint file in a variety of ways, depending on the task at hand. Some views are helpful when you are creating your presentation and some are most helpful for delivering your presentation. PowerPoint has normal view, Notes Pages view, Slide Show view, Slide Master view, Handouts Master, Notes View etc.
- Status Bar: It displays the numbers of the slide that is currently being displayed.
- Animation: In Microsoft PowerPoint, animation are visual effects applied to individuals items such as graphics, titles, or bullets points, rather than to the slide itself.
- Transition: A transition is the effects that takes place when you advance from one slide to the next. This features is available only with Slide Shows.
- Note Section: This can be used for creating notes.
- Normal View: This is the main editing view, where you write and design your presentations, i.e. actual screen which is displayed.
- Slide Sorter View: It provides a view of slides in thumbnail form. This view makes it easy to sort and organise the sequence of the slides at the time of creating presentation and also, at the time of preparing presentation for printing.
- Notes Pages View: In the Notes page view, the notes pane is located just below the slide pane. Here, notes that apply to the current slide can be typed. Later, these notes can be printed and referred while giving actual presentation. Notes can also be printed to handout to the audience or include in a presentation that is delivered to the audience or posted on a Web page. When it is required to view and work with notes in full page format, on the view tab in the presentation views group, click notes pay.
- Slide Show View: This is used to deliver a presentation to the audience. Slide show view takes up the full computer screen, like an actual presentation. In this view, you can see your presentation, the way audience wants. This view enables you to see how graphics, timings, movies, animated effects and transition effects will look during the actual presentation. To exit Slide Show view, press Esc key from the keyboard.
- Master View: The Master view include slide view, Handout view and notes view. They are the main slides that store information about the presentation, including background color, fonts effects, placeholder sizes and positions.
Opening an Existing Presentation
- Steps 1: Click the Office Button.
- Steps 2: Click on the desired file from Recent Documents list which is on right side at office button box.
- Steps 3: The Chosen presentation will open
Saving a Presentation:
To save presentation for the first time, you can press shortcut key Ctrl+S, by doing so a save. Dialog box will appear. Select a location to save the presentation and in File name box enter the file name which will recognise this presentation in future.
Creation a Presentation:
For creating a presentation click on office button —>New. New presentation dialog box will appear. There are two option -:
- Blank Presentation
Creating a Blank Presentation
Normally when you when open PowerPoint window, a new blank presentation is open automatically. But if you are working on template slide and then you want to choose a blank presentation. You have to choose the following steps:
- Steps 1: Click on Office Button.
- Step 2: Click on New Command.
- Steps 3: Click on blank presentation.
- Steps 4: Click create button.
Creating a Presentation Using Templates
In PowerPoint, a template is called a design of the presentation slide. You can select and template. To create a presentation based on the Follow the given steps:
- Steps 1: Click the office button.
- Steps 2: From the Drop Down list, select new. The New Presentation window will appear.
- Steps 3: From the list option, click installed templates many built in template will appear on screen Click on one of them and you will see a preview of it.
- Steps 4: Click on Create Button.
Inserting and Deleting Slides in a Presentation
While working with slides of a presentation, you may need to insert a slide in your presentation or delete a slide from presentation.
To insert a Slide
When you want to add a slide to your presentation, do the following to choose a layout for the new slide at the same time. On the Home tab, in the Slide group, click the arrow next to New Slide Select the slide layout according to need.
To Delete a Slide
In the Normal View, click the Slides tab on the left task pane, right-click the Slide that you want to delete and then select Delete Slide.
In PowerPoint, the slide show tab offers advanced settings for customising the slide show including adding narration altering the presentation resolution.
Running a Slide Show
There are several different ways to start your slide show:
- View Tab: Presentation views group –> click on Slide Show.
- In the right bottom side of the screen, there is a small Slide Show button. Click on it to start Slide Show.
- Press F5 key to start presentation.
- Slide Show tab –> Start Slide Show group and select anyone of the following.
- From Beginning –> Click on it to start presentation from very first slide.
- From Current Slide: Click on it to start slide show from current slide.
- Custom Slide Show: Click on this button and then click on customs shows, a dialog box appears. In this dialog box, user can set his/her desired settings.
Transition and Slide Timings
- Adding Transitions to a Slide: Slide Transition are the animation like effects that occur in Slide Show view while moving from one slide to the next during an on-screen presentation. The speed of each Slide transition effect can be controlled and sound effects can also be added to a slide. PowerPoint supports different types pf built in transition effect like cut, dissolve, wipe down and many more. To apply transition effect on a slide, Follow steps:
- Select the slide on which transition effect are to be applied.
- Animation Tab–> Transition to this slide group –> Choose any of the transition from transition gallery to see the effect of that transition or hover the mouse to see the effect.
- If you want to set the speed of a transition during a slide show, use the transition speed drop down list. To set the sound during slide show, choose Transition Sound drop down list. If you want to apply the changes on all slides, choose transition sound drop down list. If you want to apply the changes on all slides, choose apply to all.
Automate a Slide Show
User can set a time for each slide and in a slide Show, the slide will remain only for the preset time. To set the slide timing, follow these steps:
- Animation tab–> Transition to this slide group –> Advanced slide section. This section contains two parts.
- From Mouse Check and Automatically after, user can choose any of the desired option.
Shortcut keys of the Ms- PowerPoint
|F5||View the slide show|
|Shift+Ctrl+Home||Selects all text from the cursor to the start of the active text box.|
|Shift+Ctrl+End||Selects all the text from the cursor to the end of the active text box.|
|Spacebar or click the mouse||Move to next slide or next animation.|
|S||Stop the show press S again to restart the show.|
|Esc||End the slide show.|
|Ctrl+ A||Selects all items on the pages or the active text box.|
|Ctrl+B||Applies bold to the selected text.|
|Ctrl+D||Duplicates the selected objects.|
|Ctrl+F||Opens the find dialog box.|
|Ctrl+G||Opens the Grids and guide dialog box.|
|Ctrl+H||Opens the replace dialog box.|
|Ctrl+I||Applies italic to the selected text.|
|Ctrl+M||Inserts a new slide.|
|Ctrl+N||Opens a new blank presentation.|
|Ctrl+O||Opens the open dialog box.|
|Ctrl+T||Opens the font dialog box.|
|Ctrl+U||Applies underlying to the selected text.|
|Ctrl+W||Closes the presentation.|
|Ctrl+Y||Repeats the last command entered.|
|Home||Move cursor to beginning of current line of text.|
|End||Move cursor to the end of current line of the text.|
|Ctrl+Home||Moves cursor to end of the presentation.|