Mail Merge in Word Step by Step-: Mail Merge is a mass mailing facility using e-mail methods or otherwise that takes names, addresses and pertinent facts about recipients and merges the information into the form of a letter. Mail Merge printing (merge printing in short) uses two files: a data file that contains a listing of data items (or items) arranged in some specific order and a master file that contains the standard text as well as the data variables which are replaced with specific data items from the data file during the merge operations performed by Word 2007.
Mail Merge is a useful tools that will allow you to easily produce multiple letters, labels, envelopes and more using information stored in a list, database, or spreadsheet. In this lesson, you will learn how to use the Mail Merge Wizard to create a data source and a form letter, and explore other wizard features. Additionally, you will learn how to use the Ribbon commands to access Mail Merge tools outside of the wizard.
Steps to use Mail Merge:-
- Choose the type of documents you want to create. In this, example, select Letters.
- Click Next: Starting Documents to move to Step 2.
- Select Use the current documents.
- Click Next:- Select recipients to move to Step 3.
- Select the Type a new list button.
- Click Create to create a data source. The New Address list dialog box appears.
- Click Customize in the dialog box. The customize address List dialog box appears.
- Select any field you do not need, and click Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to delete this field.
- Continue to delete any unnecessary fields.
- Click Add. The Add field dialogue box appears.
- Enter the new field name.
- Click Ok.
- Continue to add any field necessary.
- Click Ok to close the customize address list dialogue box.
- Select the Mailings on the Ribbon.
The Mail Merge task pane appears and will guide you through the six main steps to complete a merge.
You have to follow the Steps given below:-
To Customize the new address list:-
- Enter the necessary data in the New Address List dialog box.
- Click new entry to enter another record.
- Flip flop when you have entered all of your data record.
- Enter the file name you want to save the data list as.
- Choose the location where you want to save the file.
- Click save. The mail merge recipients and dialogue box appear and display all of the data records in the list.
- Confirm that the data list is correct and click Ok.
- Click next write your letter to move two step four.
- Select more item. The insert merge field then of box will appear.
- Select the field you want to insert in the document.
- Click insert notice that a place holder appear where is the information from the date of record will eventually appear.
- Repeat the step each time you need to enter information from your data record.
- Click next preview your letter in the task once you have completed your letter.
- Click next complete the merge.
- Write a letter in the current world document or use or an open existing documents.
- Place the insertion point in the document where you want the information to appear.
- Select address block greeting Line or electronic posters from the task fan a dialogue box with option will appear based on your selection.