Cyber Security With Protection And Impact-:Computer security is also known as Cyber Security or IT security. Computer security is a branch of information technology known as Information Security. Which is intended to protect computers. It is the protection of computing systems and the data that they store or access.
Due to the wide spread use of PCs and developments in networks connecting PCs to company’s Mainframe computers, there has been an increase in the chances of feeding undesirable data deliberately by outsiders. A person with a PC at a remote place can use a phone line and illegally collect information without leaving any clues. Individual users can copy confidential data from a company’s computer or other details from a remote station connected via a communication network.
The collection of tools designed to protect data thwart hackers is known as computer security
Cyber security involves protecting information and systems from major cyber threats, such as cyber terrorism, cyber warfare and cyber espionage.
Ensuring cyber security requires coordinated efforts throughout the information system.
The cyber security specialization covers the fundamental concepts underlying the construction of secure systems, from the hardware to software to the human computer interface, with the use of cryptography to secure interactions.
Methods to Provide Protection
There are four primary methods to provide protection
- System Access Control It ensures that unauthorized users to be cyber security conscious.
- Data Access Control It monitors who can access what data, and for what purpose. Your systems might support mandatory access control with these. The system determines access rules based on the security levels of the people, the files, and the other objects in your systems.
- System and Security Administration It performs offline procedures that makes or breaks secure security.
- System Design It takes advantage of basic hardware and software security characteristics.
Need of Cyber Security
The classic model for information security defines three objective of security:These objective are:
It refers to protecting information from being accessed by unauthorized parties. In other words, only the people who are authorised to do so can gain access to sensitive data.
It refers to ensuring the authenticity of information that is not altered and source of the information is genuine.
Sensitive data should not be altered in transit and security measures such as file permissions and user access controls, should be taken to make sure that it cannot be modified by unauthorized users.
It is the guarantee of reliable and constant access to your sensitive data by authorized people.
It is best guaranteed by properly maintaining all hardwares and software necessary to ensure the availability of sensitive data. It is also important to keep up with system upgrades.
It ensures that individual has the right to use the Information and allows another to use that information.
It is an art of hiding the existence of a message. It aids confidentiality and integrity of the data.
It is the science of writing information in a ‘hidden ‘ or ‘secret’ form and is an ancient art. It protects the data in transmit and also the data stored on the disk.
Types of Computer Virus
- Trojan Virus
- Worms Virus
- Boot sector Virus
- Macro Virus
- Memory Resident Viruses
- Root kit Virus
- Polymorphic Virus
- Logic Bombs / Time Bombs
- File system Virus
- FAT Virus
- Overwrite Virus
- Direct action Virus
- Resident Virus
- Web Scripting Virus
- Multipartite Virus
Effect of Computer Virus
There are many different effect that viruses can have on your computer depending on the types of virus some virus can.
- Monitor what you are doing.
- Slow down your computer performance.
- Destroy all data on your local disk.
- Effect on computer network and the connection to internet.
- Increase or decrease memory size.
- Display different types of error message.
- Decrease partition size.
- Alter PC setting.
- Display arrays of annoying advertising.
- Extend boot Times.
- Create more than one partition
Some popular Antivirus Software:-
- Trend Micro
- Quick Heal
Password protect your software and blocks your device:- Most web connected software that you can install on your system require login credential the most important thing there is not to use the same password across all application this makes it far to easy for someone to hack into all of your account and possibly still your identity if your device or lost or stolen they can grant other access to sensitive data hackers can even turn your own hardware into a liabilities so you can secure your device with strong security password use upper case lower case and numerical character for a more secure password fix something unexpected that makes and to you but nobody else that will make it nearly impossible to guess.
File Access Permission
- Read Permission If you have read permission of a file, you can only see the contents.
- Write Permission If you have write a permission of a file, you can only modify or remove the contents of a file.
- Execute Permission If you have execute permission of a file, you can only execute a file
Terms Related to security
- Eavesdropping The attacker monitors transmissions for message content.
- Masquerading The attacker impersonates an authorised user and thereby gain certain unauthorized privilege.
- Patches It is a piece of software designed to fix problems with a computer program or it’s supporting data.
- Logic Bomb It is a piece of code intentionally inserted into a computer memory that will set off a malicious function when specified conditions are met.
- Time bomb It is a piece of software, that is used to the explode at a particular time.
- Application Gateway The applies security mechanisms to specific applications such as File Transfer Protocol (FTP).
- Proxy Server It can act as a firewall by responding to inputs packets in a manners of an application while blocking other packets.